Our brains are amazing; they control everything we do, and as such it’s important to look after them well. Brains, like everything else in our bodies, do change as we age, and there comes a point where the brain starts to shrink (atrophy) and lose neurons. This can cause issues such as age related cognitive decline, dementia, and aphasias.
To ensure we continue to boost brain health and keep this vital organ healthy, we have covered a range of topics including:
- The best supplements for brain health
- How fluoride may play a role in damaging the brain, and how to counteract this
- Different eugeroic drugs that play a role in boosting the brain
Did you know…
- Taking steps to boost brain health helps with a wide range of functions including cognition, emotional bonding, behaviours, and psychological states.
- When your brain is working at optimum levels, information can travel around the brain at up to an impressive 268 miles an hour.
- Research shows that the brain consists of around 86 billion neurons, which all contribute to brain clarity and functioning. As we age, or fall foul of memory related diseases such as Alzheimer’s, these neurons become damaged and no longer work properly.
Are the eyes the window to our health?
22 February 2023
The eyes are often called the “windows to the soul,” but they can also provide important clues about our overall…Read More
Is Oxytocin really crucial for bonding?
15 February 2023
Oxytocin can induce anti-stress-like effects such as reduction of blood pressure and cortisol levels. It increases pain thresholds, exerts an…Read More
Poor oral health linked to poor brain health?
7 February 2023
A recent study from the Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut has shown connection between oral health and…Read More
Air pollution has rapid impacts on the brain
3 February 2023
Air pollution is a well-known threat to human health, with numerous studies linking exposure to poor air quality to a…Read More
The Antiaging Brain Booster- Centrophenoxine
3 May 2022
By James South, MA Centrophenoxine, also known as meclofenoxate, is one of the original antiaging, neuro-energizing substances and it has…Read More
Aphasia and brain health
22 April 2022
Remember these Bruce Willis movie role oneliners from the iconic Die Hard movies, “Do I sound like I’m ordering pizza?…Read More
What is a ‘thought’ and how do negative emotions affect your brain health and well being?
7 April 2022
It’s a fact – stress ages you, it shortens telomeres, the ‘end caps’ of our DNA strands which cause a…Read More
A fit body goes with a fit mind
8 October 2019
Have your trainers been sitting by the front door for days and use your workout gear to slouch around the…Read More
Could your genes cause mental health problems?
9 February 2018
Schizophrenia, autism and bipolar disorder all seem to have similar effects on the brain. Researchers have analysed post-mortem brains of…Read More
Eugeroics—Viagra® for the brain?
7 December 2017
By Ward Dean, M.D. Adrafinil (Olmifon®/ Adra-Pro™), modafinil (Provigil®/ Moda-Pro™), and armodafinil (Nuvigil®) are three members of a class of…Read More