Cataracts & Vision Problems
Cataracts are one of the most common vision impairments worldwide; around 12 million people have cataracts, and in those age 65+, more than 90% of people will start to develop them.
- Surgery is one of the most common ways to treat or remove cataracts, but it is not typically performed until the cataracts reach a certain stage.
- For those who do not wish to have surgery, or want to try and turn the clock back, there are other options that work to relieve dry eye syndrome and discomfort.
- Other vision problems also common as we age include age related macular degeneration (ARMD) and wet macular degeneration. These affect the middle part of your vision and are also very common in older people.
Did you know…
- New cataract treatment without surgery includes the topical use of eye drops, such as Can-C™, which contain N-Acetylcarnosine and work to normalise cataract impairment as well as dry eye syndrome, eye strain, retinal diseases and more.
- Not all vision problems cause blindness, although some can lead to it if left untreated for too long.
- Whilst cataracts are known to be caused by aging or injury to the tissue that makes up the eye’s lens, macular degeneration has no known cause.
New study reveals link between Alzheimer’s disease and sight loss
20 September 2021
A link has been found between proteins associated with Alzheimer’s disease and age-related sight loss. It could result in new…Read More
Experts reveal that things are looking good for eye health
14 September 2021
In this eye-opening article we share the new research from world-leading eye experts that has revealed a breakthrough that could…Read More
A sight for sore eyes
12 February 2021
Imagine life without your eyesight, how debilitating and scary would that be? It would be life-changing and challenging, so it’s…Read More
Can you see right into your dog’s eyes?
27 August 2020
Can you see right into your dog’s eyes or do they appear cloudy? A cataract is a common reason…Read More
MZS™ & ARMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration)
20 May 2019
By Phil Micans, MS, PharmB Age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) is the leading cause of severe visual loss in older…Read More
The Eyesight Saviors
17 May 2019
By Marios Kyriazis, M.D. The progress of medical research in general, is astounding. New developments come to confirm or reject…Read More
Stem cell therapy reverses sight loss and let’s people read again
21 March 2018
Two people with severe sight loss are now able to read after receiving tissue that is grown from human embryonic…Read More
Can-C Bringing Comfort To Your Contacts
14 September 2017
Millions of people around the world wear contact lenses. Did you know that lactic acid can build-up behind your contact…Read More
Can-C™ the non-surgical cataract treatment
27 April 2017
It’s good news… Eye surgery is no longer the only option available if you suffer from conditions such as cataracts,…Read More
Can-C NAC Eye drops
26 April 2017Read More